Rights and Responsibilities
All patients registered at the practice have a right to access the services described in this leaflet. In addition;
- Patients have a right to express a preference to receive services from a particular doctor or nurse—providing that the preferred practitioner performs that service.
- Registered patients aged 16—75 whom have not been seen for 3 years, can request a health check-up consultation.
- Registered patients aged 75 and over whom have not been seen for 3 years can request a health check-up consultation in their home if they are unable to attend the surgery.
- Patients have a right to see their own health records, subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
Patients have a responsibility to;
- Arrive on time for their appointment
- Inform the practice if they can’t make an appointment or that the appointment is no longer necessary.
- Not to make a request for home visits, particularly night visits unless absolutely necessary, that is housebound or seriously ill.
- To make requests for repeat prescriptions in good time.
- Co-operate with all practice staff and give them the same level of courtesy that you would expect to receive.